Most of you guys know that I’m a little fermentation obsessed. My kitchen counters are overrun with mason jars of various sizes and of various fillings. I generally have 5-8 fermentation projects going at any given time. For example, going right now I have:
- Two types of sauerkraut (ruby red garlic jalapeno and a simple green cabbage one);
- Carrot slices layered with red onion and jalapenos (for the class below);
- Garlic scapes (little shoots that grow on garlic plants for a few weeks);
- The first fermented chili paste of the season with green cayennes, serranos and banana peppers;
- Blackberry vinegar with berries from Dr. Young’s Pond Farm;
- A ginger bug to make naturally fermented soda;
- And finally some good ole Blueberry green tea kombucha;
You can check out some of those pictures- and many more of my fermented goodies - here.
I’ve just moved back to my hometown of Cary, NC after spending 15 years in Boston and San Francisco. I’d love to get people excited about fermentation here in the Triangle, so I hope you’ll join me on Sunday, August 10th from 2pm-4pm at Whisk Carolina for this hands-on cooking class. We’ll be making some of my favorite live cultured items such as sauerkraut, spicy carrot slices and fermented chili paste, and you’ll get to take home two projects to ferment on your counter at home.
Only 12 spots available – reserve your spot today! Details below.